Here's my excuse: We hosted 10 people and 2 dogs at our home for Thanksgiving. I am still recovering.
I'm happy to report that feeding 12 people for 5 days went very smoothly, and Thanksgiving dinner was especially fabulous. My dad did have to borrow/steal/later return 2 chairs from the hotel he and mom were staying at as we only had 10 seats. Having family around was, honestly, a zoo (add in 3 nutty dogs) - but it was really special to have everyone travel from so far to spend time at our new home.
My favorite get-ready-your-family-is-coming-to-town project was my Wedding Shrine. I had a few (ok, way more than a few) wedding photos printed and I splurged at Kohls (a store I hate with great passion, but their frames were buy 1 get one free...) However, I cannot take credit for my hanging technique which is seriously the best idea ever. EVER. I think it came from the Home Goods blog... but I was so excited about thier genius plan that I never bookmarked to noted where this came from. Forgive me. See genius below:
You will need a bunch of frames, photos of your fab self, a pencil, butcher paper or wrapping paper, hammer, nails, and possibly a level.
1. Lay butcher or wrapping paper on a table and arrange frames in your desired collage mish-mosh fashion.
2. Trace each frame onto the paper.
3. Measure the back of the frames and note where the hook-ie thing is... and let X mark the spot on the paper.
4. Tape paper to the wall, and hammer nails directly through the paper.
5. Tear down paper and hang your frames! Ta-Da!!
Please excuse the blurry photo - maybe including my beauty queen puppy, Lola, will make up for the bad photo.
Isn't that a hanging technique such a good idea?? I can't tell you how many times I've nailed 27 "whoops" nails into a wall while trying to achieve the perfect collage. Hope some of you can use this sometime too!

3 comments:
This is GENIUS. Seriously, absolute genius. I made my husband come over and read the post it was so great. I'll be crediting you after I do some collage creating for sure.
that is freaking genius! Can you imagine how much we would have saved on toothpaste everytime we moved out of an apartment if we had done that?!!?
It looks super cute by the way, Love it!
This is really cute! I've been contemplating how to display wedding photos in our new home...
Post a Comment