Monday, November 10, 2008

No more pink tights?

As of Saturday, I am no longer a ballerina. When I gave my 35-day notice, November 8th sounded so far away... and before I knew it I was saying goodbye to my "babies" (who actually are not babies but definitely teenagers, and I am very bonded with these girls.) But I will save the super-sappy post about my love of ballet, teaching, movement, choreographing blah blah blah for another day. The good news is that today is the first Monday since August that I do not have to drive an hour and 20 minutes to go to work! Hallelujah, praise my sweet Jesus! It is also the first time in about 22 years that I'm not putting on a pair of pink tights and pinning my hair into a bun - which is seriously weird and I will most likely have a breakdown.

Back to the good news: I'm going to make an actual dinner at a reasonable hour tonight, a weeknight! And I couldn't be more excited. I've accepted a pretty sweet opportunity at a huge-o fitness facility in our little town and Mr. Gym (boss man) asked me to come in and set up my office on Wednesday - and he's going to pay me for my time! Imagine that, a job that actually pays someone for their work... I will NOT miss working for a non-profit. Ever.

So today, on my glorious day off before I begin my new journey into the world of gym rats, I am drinking coffee, snuggled with my puppy on the couch, crushing on these adorable plates at Anthropologie. Not for food, my friends, but for my empty walls. Take my favorite collection: Lisa Congdon's wall o' plates in her SanFran apartment, as featured by my favorite Design*Sponge.


I love it. Husband does not. You can see more of Lisa's place here.

And so begins my new adventure into lots of pilates and lots more free time...!

1 comment:

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

so funny that you like these plates on the wall. I will always remember you saying "I don't get why people hang plates on their wall. It looks so stupid" as I slipped my little wall plates back in their box :)

I love you - glad we got to have lunch today!