Monday, December 8, 2008

Tutus and Trophies

My parents are feeling the itch to down-size from their too-big-for-2-people home. My sister will be leaving for college soon (yipes!) and I'm an old married lady now... so over the past few weeks, they have been going through the attic of my childhood home and sorting through 20 years of memories. I've had a couple hilarious phone calls from mom, and some with a little tear in her voice. She did come across my caboodle, still filled with my stage makeup, hair nets and bobby pins left over from my mini-ballerina days. (Gross? Kind of.)
Mine was way cooler than this photo: black and white with a hot pink clasp. Ohhh and it had a flip up mirror. Don't worry, it went in the trash. Also in the discovery was beloved Teddy Ruxpin, which I was completely terrified of. Apparently mom and dad sold him on eBay for a good chunk of change.

Mom also found some of my very first ballet cosutmes, circa 1986. She brought some of the costumes with her during Thanksgiving (along with several other items...). Husband's niece, Loren, is a just about to turn 3 and she is obsessed with all things ballerina and with the fact that I am a ballerina. (I try to instill the obsession at an early age.) In her eyes, I'm way up there with Cinderella and Snow White - totally a rockstar. Anyway, she's cute as a button and I pulled out one of my first costumes for her to put on and it was priceless. Here's my budding ballerina:



If she has been MIA for longer than 5 minutes, you can bet she is in my closet searching for the perfect pair of shoes. See? She even found some cute gold flats to go with her 'rina outfit!

Too cute for words!! More to come later.

No comments: