Thursday, March 13, 2008

Candles. Ugh.

For the past 5 months I have been obsessing over how to make this happen (and afford the chivari chairs...):


Initially, the thought was that using candles instead of flowers on the tables would save us a bundle - and I've never been more wrong. But now I have the vision forever stamped in my brain... The problem is not the candles, it's the glassware. My delightful banquet manager (with some serious blue eyeliner) has stated - on several occasions - that the flame of any candle must be enclosed in glass. Multiply the cost of 10 vases out over all of our tables = YIPES. I've even tossed around the idea of finding drinking glasses, which I recently saw on ikea hacker. The result is beautiful but there also isn't an Ikea anywhere near my part of the world.

Now I'm a pretty crafty lady, but I'm stumped as to how to pull this off without spending an arm and a leg. Any suggestions?

p.s. I will forever covet those damn chivari chairs.

1 comment:

Insight, Insanity, Imagination said...

don't know if these are cheaper than what you're finding.... but it's worth a shot.

http://save-on-crafts.com/vases.html

http://www.flowersandsupplies.com/Glass-Vases_c_10-1.html

http://www.jamaligarden.com/pID_16157.asp

http://candle4less.com/