
Because we seem to have a surplus of Ikea shelves, I thought maybe we could do something like this: (please excuse my less-than-stellar photoshopping)
Toss a couple accessories on the shelf and what do you think? (Yes, I did photoshoped in the painting I just purchased on eBay. Hope you approve!) We could also lose the shelf and just hang the painting... Any opinions? Does anyone even read this?? I'm also trying to distract from the fact that nearly everything in the room is from Ikea. (We added the hardware to the dressers and nightstands and it made a huge difference). I'm not crazy about the chocolate walls, but they came with Husband as-is. We've got plenty of other rooms in need of paint before we tackle this room. Is anyone out there? Help!

3 comments:
I like the look of a horizontal line to offset the vertical window. (i have the dark colored version of that same ikea shelf) also totally love the painting-you are such a great ebay finder!
SO I know this is probably creepy that I am replying to your comment so very quickly but it's halloween so I feel like I am allowed to do creepy things.
1. I really like your blog. Not even pretending one bit.
2. This taking a picture of the room and then photoshopping things into it is absolute genius. Seriously, you have opened up entirely new realms of decorating goodness into my world.
3.If it helps you feel any better I think your bedroom looks really relaxing. I do think that the addition of the shelf and the artwork will balance out the room perfectly.
4. I can't wait to hear more about your wedding and "The Incident". I'm so intrigued!
I'll be reading! It's so refreshing to find new blogs where the writers are at the exact same stage of life that I am.
Oh, and Happy Halloween!
I like the shelf alot. (where on ebay to you find your paintings? I know you've bought some before, but every one I find on there is of fruit or corn fields. HELP!)
But yes, the shelf balances the window really well>
Post a Comment